(See below for specific reinvestment demands, attach dollar amounts as desired)
Community autonomy/self determination
- Participatory budgeting for community decision making every year
- In-home elder care to support their physical and mental health, as they find healing from a lifetime of white supremacy.
- Universal basic income, especially for those with disabilities who should not have to work or seek work to be valued in our community
- Protect basic needs for residents, especially during COVID-19
Community based safety systems free from the carceral state
- Mental health first responders
- Funding to provide basic needs for people in crisis, including food, safe houses for people in crisis who need immediate, short term housing, and needed physical and mental healthcare
- Fund ecosystems of health workers - including doulas, doctors, body workers, yoga instructors, massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, chefs, and more to take care of our bodies.
- Develop community wide accountability processes that do not involve police or any other punitive response
Community wide education
- Conflict resolution
- Bystander intervention
- Antiracism education to unlearn white supremacy, especially targeted at white folks
- Conflict resolution facilitators to help guide the learning and unlearning we all have to do when in conflict with each other
Fund community-led arts and entertainment to create entire neighborhoods for our children to run around, explore, laugh, be loud, be curious, learn how to navigate conflict, and build lasting relationships.
- Funds specifically for pre development activities to support cooperative and fundamental organizations in our communities (i.e. the food co-op, Change Today Change Tomorrow, Play Cousins, etc). There isn’t a need to create more non-profits but a need to create a sustainable ecosystem of community-owned and organized resources to meet our desires, joy, needs and wants.
- Fund to support cooperatively owned businesses and skill development
- Rehab every single vacant and abandoned property and give houses to people who need a home. Rehabbed homes should go directly to people and not be sold to banks. Homes should be guaranteed for every single person in this city.
- We can ensure that people have ownership of our neighborhoods and that we create guaranteed housing for every single person, not because they’ve given their hard earned wages to a bank but because we made sure our neighbor was housed in a home that is safe and beautiful..
- Divest from Rubbertown, which means no more tax incentives and increased standards
- Job training and creation for local environmental restoration of the air, water, and soil
- Fully fund the public transit system to reduce vehicle dependence
- Recognize this is stolen land and relinquish land stewardship to Native communities